Questions to be considered include:
- What are China’s expectations regarding its relationship with the EU in the context of leadership changes in Germany and hardening attitudes toward China in Europe?
- How will the inauguration of the new US President and the EU’s proposal of new transatlantic agenda affect China-EU relations?
- Does the agreement of the CAI show that Europe has realised its future lies Eastward rather than to the West?
- What does the future hold for the 17+1 plans now that the CAI has been agreed??
- How will China reconcile pandemic recovery with long-term economic planning, and is there a model for Europe to learn from in China’s approach?
Ambassador of the People’s Republic of China to the European Union
Director, Asia, Peace, Security & Defense, Digital & Chief spokesperson