Citizen initiatives open their doors
Citizen Spring is calling on citizens to put the future in their own hands by building citizen-led initiatives that tackle the important challenges we are facing. The good news is there are a lot of citizens already doing this – we just need to spread the word.
This event is an open-door opportunity for people from all walks of life to learn about four great citizen-led initiatives that are tackling single-use plastics, transparency and much more.
- European Activism: With an aim to initiate and support projects focused on creating positive change, this structure helps activists, artists, entrepreneurs and organisations in their efforts to improve our societies.
- Agora: This project aims to set up a Citizens’ Assembly in Brussels. Citizens would be chosen at random and would have legislative power to create meaningful change.
- Plastic Free Plux: Its mission is straightforward, to rid single-use plastic from the events held at the Place du Luxembourg, home of the European Parliament.
- Transparencia: This online citizen’s tool supports those seeking answers from the numerous Belgian public institutions by pooling their efforts in a collective manner.
Register via the Facebook event
- By Chris Kremidas Courtney
- Area of Expertise
- Peace, Security & Defence
- European Defence Studies
- By Paul Taylor
- By Eurisa Rukovci