The purpose of the role is to enhance the reputation and the influence of Friends of Europe as a leading think tank known for its ability to connect citizens to policy makers, to facilitate quality debates and enable change in policy making.
Connect – Debate – Change” is our DNA and central to the way we work. We adopt a whole of society, whole of economy approach, engaging critical thinkers, unusual voices and those that are ready to challenge the status quo.
The position includes coordination within a wide range of projects and policy areas including Health, Climate, Energy and Sustainability, and our yearly flagship ‘State of Europe’ high level roundtable, as well as managing the European Young Leaders (EYL) programme.
Our Senior Programme Manager has English as mother tongue, excellent writing/journalistic skills, a thorough understanding of the political environment in Europe and of the European institutions as well as highly developed people and team management skills.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Senior management role – responsible for:
- Participating in and contributing to the ‘Editorial Forum’ meetings – coherence and impact of the organisation and the overall programming.
- Supporting and creating coherence and consistency across the organisation through liaising with both Leadership and Management level
- Managing the team by providing training, motivation and direction to optimise productivity and promote professional growth.
- Closely working together with Communications, Database, Logistics and Finance colleagues.
- Following-up on decisions taken, agreements made and deadlines put in place.
- Showing an ongoing effort to improve projects, activities, systems, services, or processes.
- Contributing to effective knowledge sharing and building capacity across the organisation on sector knowledge and strategic research.
- Identifying Business Development opportunities across programmes/across the organisation.
Programme management role – responsible for:
– Coordinating activities related to the EYL programme (with regards to dates, speakers, participants, content of events …) and liaise with partners, logistics and communication and outreach teams, etc.
– Ensuring coordination of the project and task management plan for the project managers working on Health, Climate Energy & Sustainability, State of Europe and EYL.
- Ensure professional rigour around project delivery, monitoring, evaluation and communications.
- Provide support and guidance to the project team enabling the successful delivery of high-quality programmes
- Ensure financial control and effective financial planning, working closely with the respective Director and Finance Director.
WHAT SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS DO YOU NEED TO HAVE?
- English as mother tongue,
- excellent writing/journalistic skills,
- a thorough understanding of the political environment in Europe and of the European institutions
- highly developed people and team management skills.
- University degree (e.g. international relations, European studies, journalism) or equivalent by experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in policy analysis and project management
- Research experience combined with good analytical skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- An interest in working for a think tank and commitment to the work of the non-profit and civil society sectors
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Highly-motivated creative and enthusiastic personality
- Ability to think in an out-of-the-box manner and stimulate creativity
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving high-pressure environment
- Pro-active mindset, solution-oriented and positive mentality
- Ability to make complex topics accessible and relevant to different audiences
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
WHO CAN APPLY?
This position is only open to nationals of EU/EEA member states or Switzerland, and to non-EU nationals in possession of a valid work permit.
Candidates must be legally and permanently allowed to work in Belgium (no assistance provided to obtain a visa or work permit).
HOW DO YOU APPLY?
The position is to start as soon as possible and will be based in Brussels.
To apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter – each no more than 1 page – indicating the position and your surname in the subject line, to email@example.com
Please use the following subject line: “YOUR NAME SURNAME – Senior Programme Manager”
Closing date for applications is February 28, 2021 (midnight CEST).