Are you an excellent English mother tongue storyteller with a passion for leadership? Join us!
You will manage our very successful European Young Leaders (EYL40) programme as well as coordinating a small team of programme managers delivering on Friends of Europe’s activities related to climate, sustainability, energy and health as well as our yearly flagship The State of Europe.
“Connect – Debate – Change” is our DNA and central to the way we work. The purpose of the role is to enhance our reputation and influence in the above-mentioned policy areas.
For almost a decade the European Young Leaders (EYL40) programme has brought together the brightest minds and outside the box leaders to put their innovative thinking to work at building a more forward-thinking Europe that is a global champion for a better world. The European Young Leaders represent a new generation of leaders, able to tackle the increasing disconnects between citizens and political elites, to rebuild the trust that is vital to democracies.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
As senior programme manager you will be responsible for :
- The management and quality delivery on all activities related to the EYL40 programme including annual selection, the class seminars, the EYL40 involvement in external and internal FoE activities as well as supporting the continued development of the programme’s growth;
- contributing to the coherence, impact and value of the organisation and overall programming;
- Managing the team by providing training and guidance to optimise productivity and promote professional growth;
- Support the team with your strong writing, editing and storytelling skills allowing them to improve the impact of their programmes;
- organising and maintaining internal processes to ensure effective implementation of all deliverables and contractual obligations;
- Identify business development opportunities and support fundraising activities.
WHAT SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS DO YOU NEED TO HAVE?
- English as mother tongue;
- Excellent writing/editing/storytelling skills;
- A thorough understanding of the EU, its institutions and decision-making process;
- Highly developed people and team management skills.
- University degree (e.g. international relations, European studies, journalism) or equivalent by experience;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience;
- Strong planning and organisational skills;
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast moving high-pressure environment;
- Pro-active mindset, solution-oriented and positive mentality;
- An enthusiastic and proactive team player.
WHO CAN APPLY?
This position is only open to nationals of EU/EEA member states or Switzerland, and to non-EU nationals in possession of a valid work permit. Candidates must be legally and permanently allowed to work in Belgium (no assistance provided to obtain a visa or work permit).
HOW DO YOU APPLY?
The position is to start as soon as possible and will be based in Brussels.
To apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter – each no more than 1 page – indicating the position and your surname in the subject line, to email@example.com
Please use the following subject line: “YOUR NAME SURNAME – Senior Programme Manager”