We’re looking for a driven Project Manager to help us develop our online citizen driven platform.
Debating Europe, part of the Friends of Europe independent think tank, is an online discussion platform that fosters debates between European citizens and policymakers. It is based on a simple model: citizens ask questions, policymakers and experts respond. Since its launch in 2011, it has built a 5.6 million strong community of citizens and a social media following of over 280,000 people from across Europe. A selection of over 200,000 questions have been put to over 3,000 key policymakers and experts from across Europe.
To further our growth, we’ve embarked on an expansion strategy based on the launch of multilingual versions of Debating Europe. The first new version launched in 2017 – DebatingEurope/DE. It is a German-language discussion platform modelled after Debating Europe, but aimed squarely at a German-speaking audience.
Do you want to join our small but energetic team? Here is what we expect from you.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
As Project Manager, you will be responsible for
- the management and quality delivery of the online debates, live-streamed debates, focus groups and reports to maximise their reach, impact and value;
- supporting the Director of Debating Europe with the continued enhancement of the platform;
- establishing and building relations with a network of youth organisations and civil society partners.
This will also include
- organising and maintaining internal processes to ensure effective implementation of all deliverables and contractual obligations;
- supporting fundraising activities;
- developing innovative ways to connect citizens and policymakers.
WHAT SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS DO YOU NEED TO HAVE?
- A highly-motivated personality, hands-on and well-organised
- An enthusiastic and proactive team player
- A ‘Can do’ / ‘solution oriented’ mentality
- Having a particular interest in working for a think-tank
Education & Experience
- Two years+ professional experience in project management, both from a technical and team management perspective
- Experience with/Interest in and understanding of the EU, its institutions and decision-making process
Knowledge & skills
- Ability to make complex topics accessible and relevant to different audiences
- Excellent communication skills
- English as a mother tongue or full English professional working proficiency
- Professional proficiency in German is highly desired, but not essential
- Strong planning and organisational skills as well as the ability to prioritise, use own initiative and work independently
WHO CAN APPLY?
This position is open to nationals of EU/EEA member states or Switzerland, and to non-EU nationals in possession of a valid work permit.
Candidates must be legally and permanently allowed to work in Belgium (no assistance provided to obtain a visa or work permit).
HOW DO I APPLY?
The position is to start as soon as possible and is based at our office in Brussels.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter, indicating the position and your surname in the subject line, to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 12th February, 2021.
Interviews will start taking place within 10 working days after the closing date.