Friends of Europe is seeking an entry level Multimedia & Communications Executive to support, develop and enhance Friends of Europe’s capability to deliver effective communications.
On average, 60% of the position will be allocated to multimedia work, 40% will be allocated to website and other communications tasks.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Main duties and responsibilities
- Thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts and developing design for online and offline content
- Developing and editing videos and video content ranging from event summary/recap videos to interviews and teasers.
- Developing eye-catching infographics as well as graphics for illustrations, logos and Friends of Europe’s websites
- Designing layout for brochures, reports and other Friends of Europe printed publications
- Closely working together with
– our citizens’ platforms teams to develop infographics for use in their debates across Europe and Africa.
– our events team to incorporate visuals, video and other multimedia content into events
– our social media team to develop visuals, GIFs and video clips for their content needs
– mailings and marketing colleagues to develop templates and brochures in line with our visual identity and
- Performing other tasks as determined by the Multimedia Senior Manager and team needs.
- Managing and implementing content updates to the website.
- Coordinating with Friends of Europe staff to ensure the website is consistently up-to-date
- Monitoring website analytics using Google Analytics
- Performing other tasks as determined by team needs.
The position will report to the Multimedia Senior Manager for design work and to the Head of Communications for website work.
WHAT COMPETENCIES, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED TO HAVE?
Education, experience & knowledge
- Up to 3 years of experience in multimedia/communications
Behavioural competencies and skills
- Full English professional working proficiency (other languages are an asset)
- Fully proficient in Adobe CC Program Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects)
- Knowledge of WordPress is an asset
- Fully proficient in Microsoft products (Windows operating system)
- Good interpersonal skills to work in a small, multi-cultural team
- A highly-motivated, creative and enthusiastic personality
- A ‘yes, I can do’ attitude, solution-oriented mentality
- A proactive team player
- Having a particular interest in working for a think-tank
- Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines
WHO CAN APPLY?
This position is open to nationals of EU/EEA member states or Switzerland, and to non-EU nationals in possession of a valid work permit.
Candidates must be legally and permanently allowed to work in Belgium (no assistance provided to obtain a visa or work permit).
The position is a fulltime position, based in Brussels and to start as soon as possible.
HOW DO YOU APPLY?
To apply, please submit your
- cover letter (max.1 page)
to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject line your surname and the position
Please use the following subject line: “YOUR NAME SURNAME – MULTIMEDIA EXEC”;
The closing date for applications is 15 November 2020 at midnight CEST.