Friends of Europe is a leading think tank that connects people, stimulates debate and triggers change to create a more inclusive, sustainable and forward-looking Europe.
Friends of Europe (FoE) is now looking to recruit a fulltime
Database and IT Coordinator
The Database and IT Coordinator is responsible for the contacts Database, the IT infrastructure and Data Protection.
He/she provides appropriate and timely information on registrations and maintains and organizes the database to support the Programs Managers.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Main duties and responsibilities
Database & Mailings
- Assuming primary responsibility for ensuring optimal use of database functionality to support team/programme goals. Analyzing information needs of users to assist in determining appropriate database application structures and report specifications. Constructing database applications including procedures, modules, functions, automated events, and customized forms and reports.
- Developing and maintaining database applications for teams/programmes focusing on specific areas or projects; designs, develops, and providing queries and reports from database to meet specified needs and recommending techniques for data analysis best practice.
- Training and notifying staff of changes to data entry and operational policies and procedures and providing ongoing technical assistance.
- Providing database quality control; investigating and resolving data and reporting inconsistencies. Supervising major data updates and database cleaning to maintain accurate information
- Working collaboratively with other team members in the planning process and to discuss team/programme goals; ensuring the database provides the required information and is used to its fullest capacity.
- Conducting regular data auditing to maintain integrity of the database that contains Personally Identifiable Information.
In coordination with the Communications and/or Events team:
- Setting up list of mailing categories, prepares mailing lists and applies procedures for the mail network
- Sending campaigns for invitations and newsletters
- Managing and monitoring the registration process.
IT infrastructure – Efficy – Data Protection
- Organising, developing, maintaining and implementing IT infrastructure and relationships with the main suppliers/contractor(s)
- Acting as Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for any related-IT issue in the office and ensuring coordination between suppliers to solve problems (server down, internet, website, telephone line, etc.)
- Managing Efficy CRM, developing a strategy and making recommendations to optimize the CRM system and procedural performance
- Improving the data intelligence at FoE’s disposal to ensure effective and targeted use of its networks, stakeholders and members
- Monitoring compliance with the Data Protection Policy, the GDPR and relevant local laws and regulations, providing and maintaining the necessary documentation to demonstrate compliance with the GDPR and ISO 27001 and informing the stakeholders within the organisation of any changes.
- Providing expert advice and guidance to all members of staff regarding their obligation to comply with the provisions of the GDPR when processing personal data and acting as a single point of contact for the supervisory authority and for employees on issues relating to processing of personal data.
- Ensuring that training and awareness is available and delivered to all members of staff involved in the processing of personal data.
- Developing the process and procedures for reporting personal data breaches and taking the necessary measures to inform the relevant stakeholders as provided by GDPR.
WHAT COMPETENCIES, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED TO HAVE?
Education, experience & knowledge
- A bachelor degree in IT or equivalent by experience
- 2 years of experience working with databases, data procedures, and data administration
- Proficiency with CRM systems (Efficy, Flexmail) and database languages (MS SQL Server)
- Knowledge of Visual Basic is an asset.
Behavioural competencies & skills
- Good interpersonal skills to work in a small, multi-cultural team
- A highly-motivated, creative and enthusiastic personality
- A ‘yes, I can do’ attitude, looking for solutions
- Excellent team worker
- Analytical mindset
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to scan large volumes of data in a short time frame
- Attention to detail
- Fluency in English
WHO CAN APPLY?
This position is only open to nationals of EU/EEA member states or Switzerland, and to non-EU nationals in possession of a valid work permit.
Candidates must be legally and permanently allowed to work in Belgium (no assistance provided to obtain a visa or work permit).
The position is a fulltime position, based in Brussels and to start as soon as possible.
HOW DO YOU APPLY?
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter – each no more than 1 page – indicating the position and your surname in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the following subject line: “YOUR NAME SURNAME – DATABASE & IT”;
The closing date for applications is October 23rd, 2020 at midnight CEST.