Over the past year Friends of Europe has crowdsourced ideas, opinions, insights and experiences from policymakers, industry and civil society, to think deeply about the implications of the 4th Industrial Revolution. This work culminated last month, when we published a discussion paper on the policy choices of the digital age.
Digitalisation is also included in our upcoming flagship event State of Europe, as we will be discussing the role of democracy in the digital era, among others.
In case you have missed some of our work on these areas, have a look at our team’s top picks for the summer.
- Policy choices for a digital age: taking a whole economy, whole society approach
- Equipping Europe for the digital age
- The tax shortfall of the robots
- Estonia, the land of digital natives, by Kaja Kallas
- Europe needs a data-driven economy – ten ways to achieve it, by Elena Alfaro Martinez
- LiFi ready to transform wireless communications, by Harald Haas
- Does technology create more jobs than it disrupts?
- How can we avoid people being ‘left behind’ in the digital era?
- Has the internet been bad for democracy?
IMAGE CREDIT: monsitj/Bigstock