Cooperation between Asia and Europe is becoming increasingly important, as the United States retreats from the global stage. And we shouldn’t forget the ties between Europe and Africa either: the Joint Africa-EU Strategy turns ten this year.
Asia and Africa were also highlighted in Friends of Europe’s activities this spring. We celebrated ASEAN turning 50, hosted discussions on ASEM and held our annual EU-China Forum. We published a comprehensive report on EU-Africa relations and welcomed several high-level speakers and guests, including a Nobel Peace Prize Winner, to discuss the challenges and opportunities for Africa.
Do you want to learn more about our work on Asia, Africa and emerging economies? Below a list of suggestions to get you started.
- EU-Africa relations: strategies for a renewed partnership
- ASEAN in 2017 and beyond
- To achieve Agenda 2030, give peace a chance
- Can the EU and China act together? by Sebastian Bersick and Shiping Tang
- Will troubled waters spoil ASEAN’s celebrations? by Yeo Lay Hwee
- From development aid to partnership programmes and job creation, by Giampaolo Silvestri and Maria Laura Conte
- Will China be the most powerful country on Earth by 2050?
- Can immigration defuse Europe’s demographic time bomb?
- Is Western geopolitics to blame for the refugee crisis?
IMAGE CREDIT: CC/Flickr – European External Action Service