- A year after it entered into force is the ASEAN Economic Community fulfilling its promises?
- What are the main challenges encountered by EU businesses in ASEAN and vice versa and how could these be resolved?
- Now that the EU has finalised Free Trade Agreements with two ASEAN member states, and is negotiating FTAs with 4 others, is it time for a region-to-region Free Trade Agreement?
- How will Brexit affect EU-ASEAN trade and investment ties?
Subscribe to Friends of Europe’s podcast service on Itunes. Android users can download SoundCloud app on GooglePlay and search for Friends of Europe.
Should you not be able to see the gallery, please click here.
- You may wish to read the highlights from this event.
- Friends of Europe, 'EU-ASEAN: Sharing experiences on education and regional integration'
- Europe's World, 'With integration comes opportunity: the ASEAN story'
- Debating Europe, 'What lessons can ASEAN draw from the EU’s single market?'
IMAGE CREDIT: CC / FLICKR – European External Action Service
12.00 - 12.30 Welcome and registration of participants
12.30 - 14.00 EU-ASEAN, from words to actions: the business view
14.00 End of debate
Introductory remarks by
Donald Kanak, Chairman of the EU-ASEAN Business Council
Shada Islam, Director Europe & Geopolitics at Friends of Europe
Europe’s relationship with Asia and Africa is expanding, reflecting the increasing global importance of emerging economies. We track these developments through our Asia Programme and Europe-China Forum, and through our work looking at the EU vision and strategy towards China, India, Japan and ASEAN, and its role in the Asia-Europe Meeting.
Clotilde Sipp, Programme Executive
Tel.: +32 2 893 98 12